Friday 21 February 2014

Sovereign

Sovereign.
Something important to remember , and to realize, in times like this.

Sovereign by Chris Tomlin is my current favourite song.
That my God reigns. He reigns, He is sovereign over my life, my future, and everything else.
So I can trust Him, and I will trust Him.
I love how the song first affirms that He is trustworthy, that I can trust Him.
He is qualified for my trust, because He is God.
And then later the song changes into: I will trust You.
That is taking a positive step, making a choice, saying I will trust Him.
Such a lovely song, speaks depth of truth applicable in my life.



Sovereign in the mountain air, sovereign on the ocean floor,
With me in the calm, with me in the storm.

Sovereign in my greatest joy, sovereign in my greatest cry,
With me in the dark, with me at the dawn.

In your everlasting arms, all the pieces of my life,
From beginning to the end, I can trust You.

In your never failing love, You work everything for good,
God whatever comes my way, I will trust You.

All my hopes,all my fears, all I need, all I am, all of me, all my dreams,
Held in Your hands, I will trust You.





No comments:

Post a Comment