Friday 25 January 2013

The World Racers

God is good, all the time.
All the time, God is good.

I am blessed.
I feel blessed.
God is so good to me.I thank Him even now as I sit here typing into this blog that I suspect anyone ever reads.
My Brickfields College Christian Fellowship has been a blessing.
It's wonderful to have people who are on fire, and burning, with passion for God.
Hanging out with these people motivates you to do better in your walk with God too.
And I love the 'invisible' bond that I feel when I'm there, spending time together, seeking God and resting in His presence.

                                                        *********

Today we had the world racers visit our fellowship.
Well, just briefly, if you don't know who the world racers are, they're a group of, I like to call 'youngsters' *laughs* who goes on this program where they visit 11 countries in 11 months and all the while ministering to people as God leads them.
So basically they came up front to share about their life experiences with God
 yada yada.
I'm sorry but I wanna get to the point, something which I really would like to save here for my future self to see, and anyone else who stumbles upon this page.


In one of the sharing sessions, I sat down with this awesome girl, Brandi, who shared about her life stories with me.
She just starts with how everyone else in her team says' Oh I hear God, I hear God'
And how she hears nothing,absolutely nothing!*laughs*
*So totally me!*

And she continues on with how God just worked in her one day when she sat down in silence and wait upon the Lord.
As God started pouring out all her past hurts and reminds her of the people she need to forgive in her life.
And all the brokenness and the hurt that she has to lift up to the Lord, and to just forgive and forget.
Which God later guided her in the "forgiving process", and now she has found so much freedom in God.
'So much, just so much.'She repeats..
Now, she hears Him, the  path and the communication link to God has been cleared.
She can HEAR GOD!!!

*wow I find I'm quite good at narrating.laughs*

You can read more about her ordeal here 'He's Not Finished with Me Yet" 



Back to the main point.
I also want to hear God, and I also know why I can't hear.
'When you don't forgive, the gates of heaven are shut tight'
Sigh.
Then I realise I should do this too.
I should start to just sit down and wait in silence and ask God to point out the specific people and events in my life that I have to forgive, and forget.
And to just pour out and surrender all the hurt, the brokenness that I might find freedom in Him, just like Brandi did.
And that I should live a life free of anything that is holding me back from having a wholesome relationship with my Father in Heaven.
So much to do, eh?
I find myself a little scared of the process, and a little weak.
Like, am I able to do this?


But then again, I'm reminded that if God chooses for me to do this, then He will see me through.
He will be with me.I will win the battle, through Him.
And we will,( My Father and I) will win this battle and come out stronger than before.

So Dear Father, do you hear me?
We are going to start this process.So lead me, guide me, draw me close to You each day I pray.







On a side note, this song, that we sang today in the worship has been playing in my mind again and again.Gonna share it here ;)

"I Will Follow"

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...

All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my sight
High above my life
I will trust in you alone (trust in you alone)

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you, yeah
I will follow you, yeah

Light unto the world
Light unto my life
I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in you alone, in you alone

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve, I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you, yeah

In you there's life everlasting
In you there's freedom for my soul
In you there's joy, unending joy
And I will follow

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve, I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve, I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you, yeah
I will follow you, yeah
I will follow you, yeah
I will follow you, yeah



No comments:

Post a Comment