Friday 15 February 2013

Collateral Damage


Collateral damage can take place within our family when we've been hurt by something or someone else, no matter how long ago.

Because a parent made you feel unworthy of love, you lash out when your child doesn't eat the meal you lovingly prepared.

Because your trust was shattered by another, your loyal husband pays the price as his faithfulness is questioned again and again.

Because of negative words poured over your tender heart, you struggle to believe your value to God.

*Does it sound familiar to you?*

Collateral damage. All of it.


But, read this.

The fact that a child didn't eat a meal so lovingly prepared has nothing to do with a woman's value; it's just one of the many mom-things we get to tackle.

The fact that your trust was shattered by another just makes the gift of a loyal husband that much more sweet.

The fact that negative words were poured over your tender heart means the thousands of words etched in Scripture are that much more powerful because they redefine you, as seen and loved by your Heavenly Father.

God can turn the bad into good.In fact, He not only 'can', but He will.He intends for all good to come out of it, out of all the misery and devastation.Hold on to the race, you have not reach the end nor seen the bigger picture yet.

Dear Jesus, before today I pointed out the cracks, those superficial acts and behaviors that I've tried to patch over. But today I hold up my heart. You see the foundation of my brokenness. Thank You for binding up my wounds, for healing, and for my new journey to wholeness. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

(adapted from Encouragement For Today Devotions, by Suzie Eller)










2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chele making me feel guilty xP
    Noted, new link :D

    btw I'll take a look at the designing part on the 16th Marchish... since my Sem break starts then hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete